Why Promotional Clothing is Perfect for Branding Your Business
Promotional clothing is a popular branding tool that can be used successfully with any business. Done correctly, this type of clothing will drastically change the way others see your business.
The Benefits of Branding with Promotional Clothing
Promotional clothing can be used in a variety of ways, each with distinct benefits. If you use branded clothing as a work uniform in a public store front, the benefits include:
- A professional-looking atmosphere
- Staff that is instantly recognizable and thus easy to ask for help
- Clothing that further expands upon the theme of the business (jerseys give a sporty look to an athletic store, polos lend an air of professionalism to an office supply store, etc)
If you use promotional clothing to identify your employees at a trade show, convention, seminar, or other professional gathering, you can cash in on these benefits:
- Other businesses will be able to identify your staff easily. When they present themselves well, others will instantly be impressed with the way your company presents itself.
- Visitors to a trade show will be able to recognize your staff even away from the booth.
- Branded clothing provides a conversation starter that's centered around your business and gets the word out about your company.
If you give out promotional clothing as a prize for high performance within the company, you'll enjoy a different set of benefits including:
- An opportunity for the employee to talk about his or her job when the clothing sparks conversation
- A sense of pride for the employee who enjoys wearing the well-designed garment
- An incentive for others to step up and strive for these same high quality prizes
How to Brand Your Business with Promotional Clothing
When you're choosing promotional clothing for your company, it's important to give these garments a lot of thought. Don't just slap your logo on the back or a t-shirt or the corner of a polo without taking time to consider the options. The clothing needs to be well suited to both the company and the purpose of the shirt.
Here are some questions to ask yourself when you're designing promotional clothing to brand your company.
- Will this shirt be worn daily or occasionally? Company uniforms for daily wear need to be durable and easy to clean. Don't choose something high end that needs to be dry cleaned.
- What image do you want your company to present? If you want to appear edgy and trendy, a t-shirt with graffiti-style letting, bright colors, and modern artwork may work very well. When you want to present a more professional image, a simple logo and neutral-colored shirt may be better.
- What colors and designs are associated with your company? If your logo features black, yellow, and red, you should not order promotional clothing in purple and green. People won't recognize your shirts as belonging to the company and you'll only confuse the image that you've worked so hard to build.
One great way to use promotional clothing is in the form of an employee uniform. Any company with a public store front should have matching uniforms for employees. If your store has a more eclectic feel, consider offering your employees two or three designs to choose from so the clothing is somewhat personalized, but still easily recognizable.
Matching clothing is also important when your employees are on the road. Participating in a golf tournament, 5K, or other charity event is a great way to give back to the community. Make sure your team has matching t-shirts, polos, or other sports attire so they're recognizable.